At Carbon VIP [https://carbonvip.co.uk] ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 (the Acts), the data controller is Carbon VIP Limited of 36 College Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 7HX.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website [https://carbonvip.co.uk] or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register on our website, subscribe to our service, comment on articles, participate in discussion forums or other social media functions on our website, and when you report any problem with our site. In addition to the type of vehicle you require and your preferences in relation to that vehicle and its associated lease, other information you give us may include your name, current and previous address details, e-mail address, phone number, marital status, living status, occupation/employment details and bank details.
Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our platform (including date and time); articles you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you if you use any other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our platform.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our platform and any advertising that may be displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our platform.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will automatically expire after a 12-month period of non-use.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you require;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer and your devices.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer and your devices.;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotions or advertising we may serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant promotions or advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Carbon VIP Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right to access information held about you, and this right can be exercised at any time in accordance with the DPA.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has extended these rights, giving you: the right to be informed; the right to access; the right to rectification; the right to erasure; the right to restrict processing; the right to data portability; the right to object; and the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Acts give you the right to access information held about you and this right can be exercised in accordance with the Acts.
If you are a Carbon VIP subscriber, you can control your privacy settings and amend and/or delete any personal information you gave us on registration via your profile area. Should you wish to make a further access request in accordance with the DPA or the GDPR, simply contact us using the subject line ‘Access request’ and detailing your request/s in the email. We aim to comply with such requests within seven days and at the most within 30 days of receiving your request.